About usTUGAR’s activities will build synergy in the works of various agencies
The Technical Unit on Governance and Anti-Corruption Reforms(TUGAR) is a research, monitoring and evaluation unit setup to respond to the critical need for a rigorous approach to policy-making grounded on empirical data collection and analysis; and in-depth country specific diagnostics on corruption and related governance issues.
The initiative is part of the Government of Nigeria’s policy to design country specific strategies to monitor and evaluate anticorruption and other governance initiatives, and to implement corrective actions as needed. Global experience has shown that timely and periodic generation and dissemination of data and information are key elements of building capacity, enabling reforms and ensuring transparent and accountable governance. Empirical information and civil society to mobilize public opinion and effect change.
The major role of TUGAR is to serve as one-stop shop for data, information, policy and diagnostic reports from analysis, surveys and other research methods for monitoring and evaluating anti-corruption and governance initiatives across all sectors in the country. Though the enabling laws of other anti-corruption agencies such as the EFCC, ICPC,NEITI,CCB give them the power to conduct research and evaluation across all the agencies as well as other sectors of the economy. TUGAR’s activities will build synergy in the works of various agencies and provide a link and synergy with activities of non-state actors.
A leading agency in empirical based policy making and implementation of anti-corruption and governance initiatives.
- To generate empirical data to support the crusade against corruption and ensure good governance.
- To be a veritable resource databank for anti-corruption and good governance.
- To promote good governance and enhance strategic policy and advisory briefs.
- Monitor and evaluate governance and anti-corruption initiatives at all levels od governance in the country initiatives at all levels of governance in the country and provide data-based coordination.
- Track and monitor parallel anti-corruption and governance initiatives within the Corporate Sector and Civil Society.
- Conduct impact analysis by evaluating the mandates, structures, desired impacts and actual impacts of key delivery channels for governance and anti-corruption.
- Generate information and data which will feed into the policy framework and drive reforms.
- Facilitate the building of synergy among the diverse anti-corruption monitoring.
- Stimulate and lead discussion around the development of a National and Comprehensive Strategy and Action Plan against corruption.
- Research 100%
- Monitor 100%
- Evaluation Reports 100%
- Data Integrity 100%